Shadow Days

Have you ever felt like no more than a passing shadow? If so, please read on.

Monday, July 17, 2006

[This is part one of a diary that i kept during the early 00's. I post it here, so that others may read of my misfortunes and not make the same mistakes that i did....John 15th July 2006]

Tuesday – March 16th

Have you ever stood at a party and felt like no more than a passing shadow? All alone, unspeaking, around you the clinking of wine glasses and the chatter of the happy.


Thursday – March 18th

Went for lunch in the Harvesters with Ken. Half way through the meal I considered suicide. Ken had Nachos, they looked much nicer than what I had ordered, isn’t that always the way? There should be some sort of system where before you have to choose, they bring you out miniature versions of the meals to try. Decided to put off suicide till I’d come back and tried the Nachos.


Wednesday – March 25th

Ken is great! Met him for lunch in the park today. Ken’s a good reliable friend and I know he won’t let me down as he’s too socially awkward and ugly to make any other friends. I thought this was a good thing, Ken didn’t and left without even finishing his sandwich.

Thursday – March 26th

Ken is a twat! He’s only gone and got a bloody girlfriend. I hope he gets syphilis and dies. No scratch that I hope she gets syphilis and dies. But the chances of her catching syphilis from Ken are zero to none.

Saturday – March 28th

Woke up and looking outside, realised that it was going to be a beautiful day. Went to the cinema to see a matinee showing of ‘Escape to Victory.’ Forgotten how good Sylvester Stallone is in goal. I wonder why he never made it professionally? After all Pele went on too much greater things.

Sunday – March 29th

Another unbelievably sunny day, spent day in bed watching bargain hunt on video. I’m sure I used to enjoy Sundays, until the loom of Monday’s work began to ruin them. Wonder if this is some sort of spreading fear and I’ll eventually end up hating the entire weekend from Friday teatime onwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home